This policy refers to interactions on our website, and with our donors and supporters.
At Barnardos Australia every supporter, client, carer and worker is important to us.
Barnardos has always been committed to accountability and transparency.
We have always respected and safeguarded your privacy and confidentiality. Barnardos will continue to strive for the highest possible standards as we comply with the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles can be found at the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner and relevant child welfare legislation, including that involving the Ombudsman, Children’s Advocate and Commissioner.
Donors and Supporters
What information is collected?
How does Barnardos Australia collect your personal information?
Why does Barnardos Australia collect your personal information?
- Marketing: to communicate with you about donations, products, services, campaigns and events
- Research: to conduct and/or fund research into Barnardos programs and services or research into supporter attitudes
- Volunteering and other support: to enable you to assist us with volunteering, community fundraising, advocacy and other activities where we seek the community’s assistance
- Other issues: communicating with you in relation to our operations, activities and objectives, to verify your identity, to improve and evaluate our programs and services and to comply with relevant laws.
What happens if you do not provide this information?
Who does Barnardos Australia disclose your personal information to?
- Contractors and service providers: who perform services on our behalf, such as mailing houses, printers, information technology services providers (including onshore cloud computing service providers), data matching and data washing service providers, database contractors and telemarketing agencies.
Opting out or modifying your information
Where is your personal information stored?
Credit card security online
Visiting our website
Availability of Policy
The Privacy Commissioner’s contact details are:
Telephone 1300 363 992 (for the cost of a local call anywhere in Australia)
TTY 1800 620 241 (this number is dedicated for the hearing impaired only)
Post GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 1042
Facsimile +61 2 9284 9666