Children who are suffering from, or who are at risk of abuse face many challenges in their young lives. They have often been pushed to the edges of society, and their voices are all too rarely heard.
How your support helps
Barnardos relies on the support of generous people like you to ensure these children are safe and given a chance at the future they deserve.
Your support will:
- give children who have experienced abuse counselling and specialist therapy to help them overcome their past and understand that it is not their fault.
- enable us to provide intensive support to families who are struggling with poverty, homelessness and mental health issues and prevent abuse from happening in the first place.
- help pay for dental work, glasses, nutritional support or speech therapy for children in our care. Children who have experienced abuse often have health problems.
- provide academic support for children at school and at home, so kids who have been left behind can catch up.
- help buy little essentials such as school uniforms, toys and books to help children settle into their new home and so they have something to call their own.
- help recruit, train and offer 24 hour support to our carers.
Please donate now or find out more about the ways you can make a difference:
Every gift of $2 or more you give to Barnardos is acknowledged with an official tax-deductible receipt.