The Auburn Centre was established in November 1974 and is the first of Barnardos Children’s Family Centres.
It provides eight welfare programs and a children's service. Local families with children experiencing difficulties can access a number of programs that meet their children's needs.
Auburn is situated in Sydney's western suburbs, and is rich in cultural diversity, but poor socio-economically. It is home to high numbers of newly arrived migrants and refugees and has more than 100 culturally and linguistically diverse communities living within its area.
Some of the services offered at this location are:
- child and adolescent sexual assault counselling
- domestic violence support
- family support and preservation
- kinship care
- long day care for children aged 2-5 years
- temporary accommodation for people who are homeless or at risk of being homeless
- temporary family care and youth support
For more information:
Location: 18-24 Kerr Parade
Auburn, NSW 2144
Phone: 9646 2770
Fax: 9749 1050