Sydney Youth Services operates from three locations - Campsie, Canterbury and Camperdown.
The Senior Manager, Lynn Casey is based at the Canterbury office and oversees SYS and all of the programs and staff.
There are six programs under Sydney Youth Services:
- Kingston House - a residential program in Camperdown for 12-18 year olds.
- Adolescent Foster Care - OOHC Program (Canterbury office) - Out of Home Care (OOHC) is a foster care program for 12-18 years old who are unable to live at home safely and are cared for by foster carers. Young people referred to foster care may have experienced ongoing distress due to family crisis and conflict over many years or may have experienced some form of abuse.
- Reconnect Program (Canterbury office) - reconnect is a free and confidential service for people living in the Canterbury and Marrickville local government areas. Based at our Canterbury office, it is an early intervention program for 12-18 years old who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. The program aims to 'reconnect' teenagers to their families where possible.
- Streetwork Program (Canterbury office) - is an outreach program aimed at supporting young people 12-18 years old who have, or are at risk of, developing drug and alcohol issues and are not accessing mainstream drug and alcohol related services. The program provides support by contacting young people 'on their turf and on their terms'. This work is carried out in the late afternoons and evenings around train stations, shopping centres, parks, and on the street... where young people hang out.
- Youth Program Officer (Canterbury office) - the Early Intervention and Placement Prevention Program (EIPP) aims to support young people aged 12-18 years old and their families / carers who reside in the Canterbury local government area and are deemed to be 'at risk'. The program has an outreach focus providing appropriate information, advice, referral and short term support to young people and their families / carers who are experiencing occasional problems.
For more information regarding any of these programs, please contact the following offices: