Barnardos is a non-denominational, non-government, independent advocate for children’s rights. Barnardos works with many other welfare organisations with the goal of improving conditions for children in need across Australia.
Barnardos works successfully with government and other health and welfare agencies in the local community by:
- breaking down barriers between organisations
- focussing upon the needs of the child as the first priority
- broadening focus to encompass the child’s family and environment as affecting their development
- building valuable relationships with local organisations
In this way Barnardos aims to create a supportive environment for children in need and to offer them seamless and effective services.
Barnardos recognises the many organisations which have offered us generous and unstinting support of an extremely high standard over the years.
Peak Bodies of which Barnardos is a member:
- ACWA – Association of Child Welfare Agencies www.acwa.asn.au
- ACOSS – Australian Council of Social Services www.acoss.org.au
- CAFWAQ – Child Adolescent & Family Welfare Association of Queensland
- Families Australia - www.familiesaustralia.org.au
- NCOSS –National Council of Social Services of New South Wales www.ncoss.org.au
- NSW Family Services Inc. www.nswfamilyservices.asn.au